Once you have a management system established, it is essential to undertake regular internal auditing so that you benefit from ongoing improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and control.
Management system audits should be:
– Planned and scheduled at regular intervals
– Completed by an impartial auditor
Failure to complete internal audits will create problems:
– Internally – not checking verification of your procedures
– Externally – unwanted non-conformances
What Are the Benefits of Having an Independent Internal Auditor?
Naturally impartial to the audit process, so will have an unbiased view
- Experienced, to a much greater degree than internal staff, so can give wide ranging advice
- Knowledge – especially important in Health and Safety and environmental management systems
- Organisation, so audits are planned and scheduled, so will be completed regularly and on time
- A “fresh look” – much more likely to spot any errors than an internal auditor
- Minimal distraction because employees have little involvement is managing or running the process
PCS Internal Audit Services can help you with a comprehensive, disciplined approach that yields practical solutions. Our specialists and services are focused on creating value—bringing you the insight and foresight across your business as a whole, to tackle the future head on.
Audits can either be based on your own existing audit timetable (providing it is adequate and covers all requirements) or we can set up and run a new audit timetable for you.