ISO 20000-1 is the international standard for quality management specifically focused on IT Service Management. ISO 20000-1:2011 (the latest version of ISO 20000-1) provides a set of standardised requirements for an IT service management system (SMS). Given how vital IT is to organisations, it is essential that both your internal and external IT services are aligned with the needs of your business and customers.
It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
Benefits of ISO 20000-1
- Reduction in incidents and improved incident management
- Improving corporate image and credibility
- Adoption of an integrated process to the delivery of IT services
- Reduction in response times and interruptions to IT service
- Improved management of costs, leading to financial savings
- A culture of continuous improvement
- Greater understanding of roles and business objectives
- Ensuring legislative awareness and compliance
- Protecting the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Increased customer satisfaction from internal and/or external customers
- Provides you with a competitive advantage
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product